Saturday, October 11, 2008

Pow Wow

Went to the San Manuel Pow Wow today. It was pretty cool. They had contests for dancing, drumming and singing, and some delicious Indian frybread...mmmmmm.

Colorful Regalia


This little guy was the cutest,
off to the side trying to dance like the big guys.
So many braids.
Drumming and Chanting
I thought this was Randolph...you know, from Free Willy.
I was wrong.

This was kinda cool,
those were his great grandfather's feathers,
they've been passed down from generation to generation,
for ceremonies like this.
Interesting afternoon.
Since our weather has cooled off,
we wussed out when the sun went down.
Seriously, as I write this...It's only 56 degrees.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how interesting to experience.
-chich

Anonymous said...

Katie: I got it. The pictures of the Pow Wow are very beautiful. They used to have a Pow Wow at Birdland Lagoon here in Highland Park. They ran all night and I could hear them and their drums. I don't think they have them anymore here but maybe they are now moving them around.
Love Grandma Darlene