Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Happy Birthday, Pete!

You keep your past by having sisters.
As you get older,
they're the only ones who don't get bored
when you talk about your memories.
~Deborah Moggach

To the outside world we all grow old.
But not to brothers and sisters.
We know each other as we always were.
We know each other's hearts.
We share private family jokes.
We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys.
We live outside the touch of time.
~Clara Ortega
There can be no situation in life in which
the conversation of my dear sister
will not administer some comfort to me.
~Mary Montagu
A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves
very much not ourselves
- a special kind of double.
~Toni Morrison



Sister to sister we will always be,
A couple of nuts off the family tree.
~Author Unknown


Chich...glad you made it to the top of that rock climbing wall, it looked tough!

Happy Birthday!

love, me


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww....thanks chich! Loved all the quotes, so true! Brought tears to my eyes. Love you!!!
-Petey

Anonymous said...

That was really nice...tia

Anonymous said...

I wish you were my sister....too sweet!

-marci

Anonymous said...

I love the quotes! They are so sweet and hold dear to my heart =)