Sunday, September 21, 2008

My LA County Fair Experience

Okay, once I got over the $17 ticket, I was able to enjoy myself.


Dad, this pic is for you...upon entering the gate,
we got to drive down the drag racing strip at the pamona speedway.
We didn't get to go fast, but I felt cool for a second,
channeling Shirley Muldowney.
Sooooo, the fair...it wasn't half bad.
Quite different from what I'm used to,
but in some respects, very much the same.

I went with my friend Amy,
her husband, Berto,
their son, Aiden,
and their nephew, Ryan (he's in the bottom pic.)
I don't think adults are supposed to pose at this one...oh well.
Who knew, real, live cows, in California.
Alright, I knew, but it still boggles my mind,

My, my...sheep and all...love this picture.
I think this was my favorite part of my adventure, as I was walking through the animal barn, I looked up and saw this through the fence. Thank goodness for my great zoom...because, this is NOT a site I get to see at the Iowa State Fair...Palm trees and a Ferris wheel.
They were singing "Kiss an Angel Good Morning"There was a big yellow slide...What??????

I didn't try one of these, but they looked good.
Just a reminder...
The sunset at the Iowa State Fair
looked pretty spectacular,as well.
Met up with another friend, after the fair,
and heard a few rockabilly bands...pretty cool.

Fun, fun.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

pretty cool driving on the strip.
was it a county fair?
I like the lighting in your pictures.
I love rockabilly.

P...

Anonymous said...

love the pic of the fair at sunset...feel like it could win awards. Maybe you could enter it into the Iowa State Fair next year.
-petey

Anonymous said...

Look at you...a self-taught photographer! The heck with PW...here comes CaliWoman(CW). Love the sunset and the sheep pic. Someday you can teach me how to take pics and blog...just like "teached" me to scrap. LOL

Love Ya!
Shorty